Planning for the future , ? Do you have any plans for your life Mr.? — one of my Dad’s friends asked me.
To be honest, I don’t really have any plans, let’s see where life takes me — I answered.
he looked at me for some time and said, you are 19 years old and you still don’t know what you want to do with your life Kid.
I giggled a bit , and moved on with it , I did not cared too much and got busy eating and jumping around, you know.
“ what the hell a young boy like me would know anything about planning and execution of goals in life?
it was kind of funny, but later I was really upset about the fact the I did not really have had a plan for my life. I was still in my early stage of life, but the earlier you know the better. Isn’t it ?.
everyone wants to be successful and happy in life. And there is nothing wrong with it. But out of every 100 people who wished for a better life like this, only 10 will get there, rest all will be broke and will fail because of their planning and execution-style.
It was a hell of an experience. Anyways but, I won’t put you down. I have a specific guide on “How you can shape your life in your way”.
In a nutshell, having a proper plan or a strategy for the future will help you a lot, although life is uncertain, having a plan at least falls you to the right track. A plan assists you to visualize your dreams in life and as studies show that those who have a plan for their future successes those who don’t have any. Hence I have a detailed guide for you below. Let’s dive deeper.
Why planning is important in life?
Planning is important in your life because it gives you a road map to your future endeavours. There is always an exception, but if you have a plan you will at least be closer to your goals even while encountering outside obstructions. Having a plan, makes you focussed and determined to your goals and living the life of your dreams.
When I started organizing my life and really started planning my daily life, I started to notice a change in myself within months.
- I stopped procrastinating
- I became more productive
- Having a roadmap, gave me ideas on what is important and what is not.
Try to start slow and organize the things that will only make the differences in your life. Start respecting your time and it will reward you tenfold.
How to Plan Better ? Planning for the Future
You should know how to plan better in other words, the analysis leads to paralyses. Excessive planning is bad so the right way to plan better is by prioritizing your goal and vision. When you prioritize you get mental clarity of what needs to be done at first and which one to delegate or schedule. list out a few tasks that really matter, use the Eisenhower matrix ( prioritizing the right way technique )to make the proper decision in your life as described here.
Overthinking, frustration and procrastination are a common factor of overplanning and lack of execution, here is the Eisenhower Matrix.
The Eisenhower Matrix also referred to as Urgent-Important Matrix, help you decide on and prioritize tasks by urgency and importance, sorting out less urgent and important tasks which you should either delegate or not do at all.
if you want to learn some more technique of productivity then you can read a detailed article on time management technique from our blog by clicking here.
How to use the Eisenhower Matrix?
Prioritizing tasks by urgency and importance results in 4 quadrants with different work strategies.
We call the first quadrant Do first as its tasks are important for your life and career and need to be done today or tomorrow at the latest.
You could use a timer to help you concentrate while trying to get as much of them done as possible
- Putting things-to-do on a list frees your mind. But always question according to the importance of the task.
- Try limiting yourself to no more than eight tasks per quadrant. Before adding another one, complete the most important one first. Remember: it is all about finishing tasks.
- You should always maintain only one list for both business and private tasks. That way you will never be able to complain about not having done anything for your family or yourself at the end of the day.
- Do not let you or others distract you. Do not let others define your priority. Plan in the morning then works on your stuff. And in the end, enjoy the feeling of completion.
- Finally, try not to procrastinate that much. Not even by over-managing your to-dos.
How do you set goals in life?
if you ask me, I break down my goals into 3 parts
- Medium Term
- Long term
Whenever you are making a big commitment, break down your goals into the small, medium and long term. Then, It will be easily pursuable. Overanalyzing only leads to trouble and confusion. Focus on your daily goals or short term goals, i.e — To-do lists. Judge yourself on a yearly basis — Through your medium-term goals And focus on the identity of yourself or the person you want to be in the future commonly as a long term goal.
1. Short-term goals — These are the goals that you should be willing to wake up for every day. Just before going to bed list down all the things that you should be doing the next day. I make my to-do list not more than 5 tasks a day. I start with the most important one and finish with the simple one.
2. Medium-Term Goals — How many times have you kept your new year’s resolution? people might call this a resolution but I like to call it a Medium-term goal. This type of goal allows me to judge myself on a yearly basis. Every year I give myself 3–4 big goals that I should be accomplished by the end of the year.
3.Long term goals — To all the impatient people out there, life is not a race it is a marathon, a journey you can say. There is no shortcut for this not there any app for this. So, think differently and imagine yourself 7 or 8 years from now, how you want to be recognized as in the future. Visualize yourself into the person of your future.
Final Conclusion and Thoughts-
Remember: If you don’t plan your life, someone else will use you to help them achieve their goals.
What do you think about this? Did the Eisenhower Matrix amaze you? Help your friends to know, How to plan for your future by sharing this article.
and hey! If you want to learn some amazing life-lessons from audio-books summary then click the button below.